Sunday, August 7, 2011

Pretty in Polka Dots

I've been waiting to post about this dress/look for the last week. It has been far too hot here, we're talking 95+ degrees, sweating in a sheer vintage dress is never a good look. Then today it rains:( So indoor photoshoot it is. The flaw of the plan was that it was so gloomy I had to use my indoor lighting, yuck! Be prepared to see this shot again later when it is sunny and gorgeous outside:) 
The second I laid my eyes on this dress in M's shop Adelaide Homesewn I had to have it. She always has the best little selection, please check it out! I already had visions of various ways to wear this dress in my brain. Each idea for each season. So this is my summer Sunday best idea:)
(oh, the sunglasses will be in Dethrose Vintage later this week!)
 I honestly have never felt so feminine and fresh in an outfit before. Seriously, I felt like being on a lake in a paddle boat with a parasol:)

1950's Italian Hand Painted Sunglasses ~ Estate Sale
Purse ~ Jenstyle Chic
Ruffle 1950s Gloves ~ Thrifted
Amber Ring ~ Estate Sale
 As you may have noticed recently, I have had my hair up all summer. I just taught myself how to frenchbraid my hair and now I am addicted! And with the humidity, it's impossible to curl and wear it down without looking like a poodle! My hair is below my shoulders now so 100 degrees with long hair is no good!
My new favorite shoes! ~ Red Patent by Sofft
Red Belt~ Thrifted years ago
Thank you to all that came out to my Big Yard Sale! I got rid of so much and I'm glad it all went to such good homes:) Dethrose Vintage fall will be spectacular!!

5 comments:

Roxanne Rosensteel said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That dress is a dream!!! It looks absolutely stunning on you. I love the pops of red, too.

Vintage Market Place said...

funny I paired my new red shoes with a sheer blue polka dot flowy top today
we must have been thinking of each other today :)

Maria Casteel said...

oh my goodness, you look so beautiful!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

To-die-for outfit.

dajana, all kinds of lovely said...

That dress is pure loveliness on you! (: