Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cold Front

Thursday here in Chicago was a whopping 96 degrees a slight cold front came through on Friday evening. By Saturday, it was freezing rain with a low of 39!! Really Chicago?!!? I love, love, love this city but come on! Normally, I don't really care enough to complain, but my brother Jon was coming up this weekend for the annual Vintage Bazaar sale in Pilsen. I just wanted the weather to be perfect for his visit and for people to be out and about. I love nothing more than Chicago when its warm, it's therapeutic to be out lunching with friends and walking around this glorious city:) Alas, this was not the case.

Despite the ugly weather, The Vintage Bazaar was a success. I mean, I am a bit biased, I love all of the vendors (my favorite friends;)) and Libby and Katherine just know how to organize a fantastic sale! I was so excited to show off my brother Jon and his wonderful talents! I was so right, everyone went cu-koo over his antique collection! He just has such a great eye for style and design, hopefully he never stops! *hint hint* Jon:) Definitely a fantastic weekend!  See my blog post HERE to learn more about Jon's Collection. And please visit and follow Katherine and Libby's websites, they are both a part of my daily read.

Lastly, I don't have a new outfit post or any new items in the store, so here is more from my trip to STL and Southern Illinois. New things added to DETHROSE this week and maybe even a couple outfit posts.


 Randolph County Lake, Chester Illinois


I was telling Kat how much I love this spot and she caught my funny moment...

 Honey Suckles!

 Running to the boat dock.

 Sorry for the grainy photo, the clouds rolled in. But I come to this spot overtime I go home.

 It's a place that I spent a lot of time with friends and family with throughout my childhood and teenage years...and my twenties! 

 Flashing my cheesy grin!
I am not pointing at anything hahaha, Kat told me to look excited. ;)

The lady behind the camera...my bff Kat...I <3 this pic:)

6 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

get photos Kat!
Love the honeysuckle one!
It reminds me of Aunt Jenny

Karyn Dethrow said...

hahaha! thats exactly what I told Kat about honeysuckles!

Irene's Closet said...

I love the blouse!! :)

x*
www.ireneccloset.com

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Lovely outfit! The tiny top is so cute! Looks like you had a fun day with you bff!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

You're loverly.

Rhonda said...

Chicago weather is strange, I lived there my whole life. Then one day I had enough and moved to sunny Arizona. It wasn't the smartest thing to do, leave Chi town behind because of weather but I'm warm now.

Love Love Love your blog and style. Oh, I love Southern Illinois, the antique shops are wonderful.