Monday, April 18, 2011

Chicago Modern Vintage Sale

This weekend was hands down one of the best weekends I have had in a long time. Why? Because I was surrounded by gorgeous vintage clothing and accessories while doing what I truly love, dressing wonderful women in beautiful vintage pieces. This weekend was the Modern Vintage Clothing and Jewelry Sale at Plumber's Hall here in Chicago. I mean, I met some of the most stylish ladies this weekend! Of all ages and with tastes varying from 30's cotton to 80's bold prints. You can seriously shop for hours, whether you are a lover of mid century, 40's crepe, 50's circle skirts, designer vintage, antiques, you name it and it's probably there! I found some of the cutest and gorgeous pieces for myself as well. Including 40's, 50's and 60's dresses, and a 1960's one piece bathing suit. I can't wait to show you all of it! Later this week, I promise:)

And I found out that this will be going on monthly from now on! So if you missed it this time don't fret, there's always next month. 

Unfortunately, I had forgotten my camera the first day. My display changed quite a bit, I sold through so much on Saturday! First though, I want to share with you my booth and some of the wonderful things I saw and shopped!


 My favorite little 1950's pink number I recently got 2 weeks ago! So adorable!!! Coming soon to Dethrose Vintage.

 My accessories table, believe or not, it was twice the merchandise the day before. I had to condense two tables into just this one.



 The lovely Emma rockin' a 50's Turquoise Cocktail Dress from Dethrose!

Leah from Onomatopoeia is one of my most favorite people! She's a riot and has the best sense of humor and not to mention the best vintage selection! I bought the cutest 60's dress from her! You'll see it soon.
 Leah always has the best selection!


 This little pink cocktail number was too adorable! This pic does not do it justice! Flower Child from Cleveland had the cutest little Deer Pendant. Find info HERE.

Niki's table display from Bombshell Shocked Vintage.

Niki herself from Bombshell and her wonderful dress selection. To shop with Niki visit Bombshell Shocked Vintage.

 Jillian from Joules Jewels Vintage and her friend Haley. Below is her adorable jewelry selection.


 Probably my fav jewelry piece of the show, Lobster claw necklace! Freakin gorgeous!!! Made by Lisa Pantoja. Find more about Lisa HERE


For about 3 months ago I have been eyeing a piece from my friend Jen's shop. It was this gorgeous cotton Early 50's red day dress. I mean, hello gorgeous! I fell for it as soon as I laid eyes on it! I was lucky enough to make it my own this weekend. I didn't get a chance to take photos of her booth but Jen's selection is always fantastic! Her collection is always so versatile with something for everyone. I also got my little 60's bathing suit from her. To shop Jen's awesome shop visit Jenstyle Chic Vintage.
 Isn't this the most spectacular dress ever!!! *Swoon*





I hope you all had an amazing weekend as well!!!


4 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

yay so happy for you!!
I just remember that first booth you did in pasadena and can I say you have come a long long way from that!
You space is adorable and so chic.
Congrats!!!

jen said...

Thanks Karyn!!! The dress may be good, but YOU are the one that makes it SPECTACULAR!!!!

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Fantastic pics. I wish I could come and shop in person.

thatdamngreendress said...

Your displays are beautiful!

love the red and grey find- scrumptious. and thanks for leading me to so many vintage sites- like I really needed it...