Sunday, February 27, 2011

A bit of house work

I came upon these adorable little Apron dresses at an estate sale a few weeks ago. Both made by the brand Swirl.The Swirl story starts in Philadelphia with the L. Nachman and Son Company, which was located at 10th and Berks Streets. This company had produced clothing since the early days of the 20th century.  By 1940 they were making a product called the Neat 'N Tidy, which was a pinafore apron.  In 1944 the Swirl dress and label were born.  Actually, the Swirl was originally conceived as an apron. When Lawrence Nachman registered the Swirl name with the US Patent and Trade mark office, the product was listed as "WOMEN'S AND GIRLS' WRAP-AROUND APRONS".  The wrap around apron was a common garment of the day. More details of Swirl found HERE.


Originally I was going to keep them but they don't really fit me all that well and I feel there is a girl out there that will love them far more than I ever could. The softest cotton and the most adorable patterns, these dresses are perfect for the Spring and Summer seasons to come!










1 comment:

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

I love Swirls! I have about 5 of them now, they're so comfortable and easy to wear. I'll bet you'll sell yours fast, a lot of vintage wearing girls are on the hunt for them.