Monday, December 19, 2011

Take a look through the Stage Door...

 Recently one of my friends had asked me if I'd ever seen the 1937 film Stage Door. I shamefully admitted that I had not. I always meant to watch it, it just kept slipping my mind to do so. Without seeing it, I bought it. While reading the synopsis and seeing the cast line up, I knew I would love it. I am head over heels in love with everything about this movie. The costume, the hair, the story, everything! Ginger Rogers is my personal fav, Lucille Ball before the comedic red head Hollywood made her become, Katharine Hepburn chic as always and a 14 year old Ann Miller dancing partner to Ginger's character.
 
 The story is about a boarding house for theatrical ladies in training. The competition, friendships and sex, yes it's 1937 and sex plays a huge part of actresses trying to get a part or a free meal. While watching it, you really forget that you're watching a film that took place over 70 years ago. Well, other than the fabulous clothing and hair!
I want everything on Ginger in this film. Her wavy platinum locks to every article of clothing she wears.
The scene below is one of my favorite outfits that Ginger wears! A little 30's playsuit, too cute!!!

2 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

i haven't seen this is ages! i need to watch it again.

Vintage Market Place said...

I have only seen snipets of this and I definitely need to see it
BRING IT WHEN YOU COME!!!! :)
We can have girls night in, can't wait
xoxo
Amy