Thursday, June 26, 2014

Summer Silence


Hey there!! It's been a LOOOOOONG time since I have given this blog any attention. So I decided, let's give this another go! I've asked many of you and a lot of my customers what kind of updates you'd like to see on here. After a lot of requests and suggestions, I decided I would try and give what you want a go. Which means, more weekly outfit posts, shop updates and sale information, and my health and workout updates. What do you think? Did I leave anything out?? I would seriously love any feedback that may make this an enjoyable stop in your daily routines of avoiding work;) 

Mike and I were working at our studio the other day and I thought, why don't I start now?! I love our building where we work outside of our Brick & Mortar shop Market Supply Co, it'd make a great background for a quick outfit post. 
I found this dress last year in a pile of gross at an estate sale. It was actually brown and yellow with boring old white plastic buttons. I took it home and knew there was a life for it beyond the filth it had come to know. So after a week of soaking in Retro Clean, yes a very long week, I found it was actually a stark white and black stripe beauty. 
Another change I had to make were the buttons. I always pick up interesting buttons everywhere I go, who knows when I may need them. So when a friend of mine had a load of 40s buttons, I jumped at the chance to snatch them up. I finally decided that these 40s bakelite pinwheel buttons was just what this 50s shirtwaist needed. And yes, I mix decades, I love it, I don't like to be held to just one decade at a time. I mix and match as often as I can!! So Voila! The finished product, and I couldn't be happier:) 
 Dooney & Burke Purse ~ Hot House Market
The Perfect Black 60s Flats ~ Honey Talk Vintage 
 Charm Bracelet ~ thrifted years ago, about 10 years actually
Vintage Rings pictures above ~ both gifts 18 years ago:) 
 Buttons ~ Knee Deep Vintage 
Belt ~ Taken off another dress for the day;) 
 Turquoise and Sterling Silver Ring ~ another gift from 18 years ago

Our Studio where we have our vintage backstock and do our photoshoots for the Etsy page.



3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh you look so great! Can't wait to see more outfit posts.

Unknown said...

I love your outfit posts, keep them coming! Such a beautiful dress and I love your hair. See you soon!

alittlevintagestory said...

I'm so happy you're back blogging! Your outfit looks beautiful, what a hidden gem. Look forward to seeing you post more updates on your blog. xx Fran